The Alliance of Coalitions for Healthy Communities is hosting a month-long awareness and fundraising event to help our community prevent substance misuse, understand recovery, support others, and stay well.
Many of us know someone who has been affected by substance misuse. We’ve seen how it impacts them, their family, their workplace or school, and the entire community. The alliance, with our supporters, has been making great strides in creating a healthy environment for families and youth in Oakland County for two decades. Your participation helps more people understand the risks, the need to stay healthy, and where to go for resources.
All funds raised help the Alliance continue its programs of prevention, mental and physical wellness, and recovery support right here in our community.
- Attend a free Narcan training hosted by area partners Narcan Training Webinar Registration
- Join us at our kick-off on International Overdose Awareness DayKick-off Event Details
- Sponsor our month-long event to help make it happen and put funds to work in our community to deliver prevention, wellness and recovery support programs Download Sponsorship Form
- Raise funds in honor of someone in your life who has felt the impact of substance misuse disorder
- Set up a virtual memorial on our online memory wall to remember someone whose life was lost to substance misuse disorder TBD
- Keep in mind that physical, mental, social and emotional health and wellness are central to prevention and recovery efforts. Keep yourself and others in your life as healthy as possible. Follow us on social media – like, comment and share Facebook Instagram LinkedIn Twitter
- Be a social media ambassador and spread the word all month long
- Help host a Narcan training at your place of employment link to new contact form
- Learn more about substance misuse disorder, prevention, recovery and support
- Work on your own wellness by using our Wellness Wednesday tips on social media
- Donate prizes for our fundraisers, team captains and social media ambassadors I think a link to Darlene’s email would work here
- Sign up for our e-newsletter to keep informed about the work that we do and the ways to get involved throughout the year link to contact form
- Volunteer with your area coalition Coalition List
- Learn to recognize the signs of substance misuse so you can help people you love
- Understand that substance misuse disorder is an illness not a personal failure and professionals are needed for recovery as with any sickness. Treatment & Support Resource Directory
- Be active in destigmatizing the role that therapy can have in maintaining a healthy life
- Hold your own "Cupcake Wars"
- Run laps at a local high school track
- Host a chili cook-off
- Have a car wash
- Sell cookies and lemonade
- Have a game tournament – Monopoly, Euchre, Scrabble, anything that involves the whole family
- Instead of playing HORSE, challenge your friends to a basketball shootout spelling SHATTER THE STIGMA
- Or just spread the word about your commitment to Shatter the Stigma by sharing your fundraising page link on social media
2021 Event Calendar
- August 31 - Kick Off
Oakland Community Health Network and the Alliance are partnering to recognize International Overdose Awareness Day.The event will commemorate individuals within the community who lost their lives to overdose, while also providing resources to families and friends who endured the loss of a loved one to overdose. This event is meant to show how substance use challenges can affect a community, while also being an educational opportunity to learn more about prevention efforts and where to turn if someone you know is facing a substance use challenge.
- September 2021 - National Recovery Month & How to get involved